Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Vampires and acrobatic dogs

The past couple of days have been busy and there's definitely not enough daylight even in Texas. I'm having trouble forming any type of coherent thoughts right now, so here's a list of what I've been up to.

1. Watching New Moon 12:01am Friday morning with my mom and a million giggling, screaming teenage girls. It was great. And it made remember how cool my mom has always been. Not the you-can-drink-alcohol-when-you're-underage-in-my-house-as-long-as-you-don't-drive-type of cool. But the kind of mom who's up for anything as long as it's not life-threatening, like waking up at 3am to take two freshmen girls to the cowboy breakfast (San Antonio rodeo tradition) and THEN going to work, or taking the bus down to the coast at the spur of the moment to surprise my dad while he was working out of town, or hosting a sleepover for all the girls in the eighth grade knowing full well there would be no sleeping that night. I hope when I have kids and I'm in the middle of work and mortgages and homework and PTA meetings, I can remember to have the same enthusiasm for otherwise foolish pursuits.
2. Watching New Moon the Friday night with a twenty-something friend who is also un-apologetically enamored with the Twilight saga.
3. Watching New Moon with D on Sunday. Yes, for the third time. What?
4. Trying to tire Stella out in the backyard so she doesn't try to eat my laptop.
5. Paying for molto expensive vet visits. $320 for x-rays! Really?

So here's a couple shots of my crazy pooch outside to make you smile.
She's obsessed with rolling around in the grass and doing somersaults over and over. So funny.
I have a tough time getting pictures of her that aren't blurry since she isn't still for long, but I like them anyway. Ciao for now!
xoxo

1 comment:

The Koch's said...

She has the largest feet ever! You guys are in for it when she is full size. :)