Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Green chicken and sleepy puppies

Tomorrow is my birthday, people. It's a big one, too. I don't have anything amazing planned, but I am going to spoil myself a little with a pedicure and a massage- two of my very favorite things. Unfortunately I have to work those in between doggie walks, a doctor's appointment, and an airport dropoff. Hmmm... now that I think about it, I might have to save those for Friday. That stinks.

So tonight I made some green chicken enchiladas that were really good and really easy- which makes them taste even better, I think. Want the recipe? Okay, shred some chicken (the rotisserie kind from the grocery store or used the canned kind in a pinch). Toss it in a pot with a can of Rotel tomatoes and green chiles, season with some minced/chopped garlic, salt, black pepper and cumin. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it reduce down. Now warm up some white corn tortillas in the microwave and spray some Pam in a casserole dish. Place a tortilla in the dish, place some of the chicken mixture in the center and add a little monterrey jack cheese or some of that yummy white Mexican cheese and then roll up the tortilla to make an enchilada. Repeat this until you fill the casserole dish or have made as many as you'd like. Now pour about a third of a can of Green Chicken Enchilada sauce over the top of the tortillas to keep them moist and pop it in the oven (350-375 degrees) for about 5 minutes. Then add some more cheese on top (if you're a cheese hound like the boy) and the rest of the green sauce and put it back in the oven til it's bubbly, probably 10-15 minutes. I served it with some white rice with corn and poblano peppers mixed in and a salad, but you could also use mexican rice or some squash and zucchini. I should have taken a picture, but I didn't think about it at the time. Oh, and this little dish came courtesy of my mom. She's awesome.

And finally, here's a couple of pictures of Stella in my car. She's so funny when she gets tired, it's like she......just.........can't.........go.............on.
And instead of snuggling up on the seat, she finds comfort in laying on my purse. I guess she likes Juicy.

No comments: