Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Something Shiny

On the trip to Oklahoma to pick up the puppy, my mom and I were somewhere and she spied something shiny- I think it was on the ground- so we stopped to pick it up and it turned out to be a hair pin with pretty rhinestones. I said, "good eye, Mom!" And I thought to myself, when did I stop looking for things? I remember always finding little curiosities everywhere I went, but lately I think I have been walking around with blinders on. Like I've been so focused on trying to get through traffic, or mark things off my list, that I haven't really been noticing the world around me. So, I put the barrette aside and now it's sitting on my work table. I feel like it's reminding me to keep my eyes open throughout the day. I think it's working too, because on one of our walks I found this great little branch with two little acorns and I picked it up and put it next to my barrette. That's progress, right?

No comments: