Friday, November 27, 2009

A Little Gratitude

Today I'm filled with this weird feeling, like I should be doing something. I just don't know what that something is. I know I could get some Christmas shopping out of the way, or do laundry (why is there ALWAYS laundry to be done?), or just clean up the house in general; but none of those things feel like what I'm "supposed" to be doing. And I don't know how to figure out what that thing is.

So instead, I'm going to make a list. These are the things I'm thankful for- and I'm only going to list the first 10 that pop into my head because I need to throw the pooch in the car and head over to my mom's house!

I'm thankful for:
1. My family.
2. That my family gets along with each other.
3. My mom's cooking.
4. Pumpkin pie.
5. D. (otherwise known on this blog as "the boy")
6. Stella, my pooch. (otherwise known as "monster", "crazytown", and "wingnut")
7. Technology that helps me keep in touch with my friends and family that are far away, like cell phones, facebook, email, text messages, and smoke signals.
8. The opportunity to visit D's family in South Carolina this coming week.
9. The holidays. I'm one of those suckers that really believes in the spirit of Christmas and that everyone is really the best version of themselves this time of year.
10. Financial Security. I'm not talking about being rich, because I'm not. I'm talking about knowing you'll be able to make the mortgage payment because you're not living beyond your means and your partner (or whoever you share a bank account with) is responsible and doesn't drain the bank account without telling you and you're both on the same page about what to spend money on. Having similar financial goals and spending habits is so important for your peace of mind. It really is a blessing.

Okay, that's it! I'm off to spend some time with my crazy mom and aunt. Trust me, I say crazy with all the love in my heart. I look at their love for each other and friendship as adults and I can only hope that I have that in the future. Of course, I don't have a sister so.... I'll have make do with some really good girlfriends or cousins perhaps.

Happy Thanksgiving!!
xoxoxo

No comments: