Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Lots to learn


Okay, this is kind of a test. I'm trying to figure out how to add pictures and such, because that is really one of the main things I love about reading other people's blogs- all the beautiful pictures! This is me modeling a safari style hat in a hat shop (obviously) in Cabo San Lucas earlier this year. Honestly, I can't figure out how my pictures get filed in all the folders in iphoto so this was the first decent, not-too-boring one I could find. I'll get better at all this fancy technology, I swear!

Alright, it's later in the afternoon and my brain's working better. So, now I'll share why I began this blog in the first place. First, I love to write and there are bits of my life, some wishes and inspirations I'd like to share and record so I can look back on them later. And second, I've got one word for you: Accountability. That's right, it's not the most lighthearted or free-spirited of words, but for me it's huge. You see I'm an artist and I have tons of ideas, loads of inspiration, long lists of goals and mountains of hopes and dreams. What I don't have, yet, is discipline. The discipline to set aside time each day to do something that gets me closer to where I want to be. That is what I've been missing and what I so desperately need. I know this.

And as I read other people's blogs, especially those of other artists or crafty sorts, I have read over and over about how once she (let's face it, I don't know any men that blog) started blogging and got to know other like-minded women she became more productive and prolific and started creating even more than before. And that is what I hope will happen. Because if I say I'm going to do something and it's out there, in print, for all to read... well, then I better do it! And I figure if I do at least one thing every day to get me closer to my goals, well, by the end of a month I've done thirty things to get me closer and that might be more than I've done in the past year!

So, the last reason is that maybe, just maybe there will be someone else out there who feels the same way and reading my words will inspire them to set aside some time to do just one thing every day to get closer to where they want to be and live the life they were meant to live. That's my hope.... not to lofty is it?!

So, one more picture that reminds me of good times in Cabo. My boyfriend took this in the morning on the way out to go deep sea fishing.

No comments: