Monday, July 28, 2008

Blue dresses, white cake and a whole lotta dancing

Okay, I'm back and I have so much to share! Over the past few weeks we've put in some serious family time and it's been such a gift to be able to reconnect with our loved ones. My cousin married the love of her life on July 12 and I stood in her wedding as a bridesmaid along with another cousin of ours and a couple of her closest friends. I've been going to weddings all my life, but in the last couple of years I've attended weddings of some of my closest friends and the experience is completely different. I've realized what an honor it really is to witness two people you love make a lifelong commitment to one another. As my cousin walked down the aisle with her father, tears welled up in her eyes as she looked at her groom and I thought to myself- I hope they carry the happiness of this day with them always. The day was lovely and we had a blast at the reception, you'll see from the pictures. And the best part: I really will be able to wear the dress again!

My dad and I at the church after the ceremony.




D's trying to make me dance, but I'm laughing too hard.

Oh yeah, we're gettin' down! Love that face!


Good music, good times, and silly faces. Now that's a wedding!


That's my cousin, isn't she beautiful?! Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of her that are in focus, so these are mostly pictures of me. I'm really not self-obsessed, I know my mom will like to see them since she was the photographer.

Tomorrow I'll share a little about our trip to Charleston and some of the work I've been up to.

No comments: