Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Moving forward...

Soooo, I've been absent for the past couple of days, but I've gotten some important things done and we're definitely making some progress. You know I believe it's important to do something each day to get closer to where we want to be and although I didn't accomplish everything I had in mind for this holiday weekend, I did accomplish some really important things, like spending time with family. On Friday, the Fourth of July, I got to spend the day with my parents. My dad grilled some tasty food that my mom had prepped at home and I bounced some decorating ideas off my mom, and they even surprised me with a beautiful bunch of light pink gladiolas! Even though it was pretty low key, it was a great Independence Day. I also wrangled my mom into helping me get my studio/office under control on Sunday. It took us almost 6 hours to get everything picked up and sorted! (Although we did take a couple breaks for watermelon and iced tea.) It was mostly paper like mail and bills and receipts that had just taken on a life of their own - on every inhabitable surface. So now my studio is picked up and organized again, what a relief! Yay for moms! This week I'm seriously thinking about painting the walls and putting up some shelves. And the third something I accomplished... I took my Microeconomics final! Yes, I'm done with my Economics course and on to next semester. I learned quite a bit, but it was a tougher course than I had anticipated so I'm glad it's over. So tomorrow, I'll head over to Lowe's for some paint and post some photos of projects.

No comments: