Saturday, June 20, 2009

Second collage and a crazy bird

Alright, people, I'm posting because I promised I would and I hate to disappoint. This is Collage number 2. I haven't tried to title these because they're really just exercises. I like to use my own photography whenever possible but I love the look of old photographs. I especially love photos of my mom and other women in our family when they were young women - teenagers, early twenties. This image is taken from a photo of my aunt. I'm not sure, I might add more to this later.... hmmm. We'll see.
I must go get some rest because tomorrow is a busy day- farmer's market, shop for baby gift, drop off at airport, baby shower, and the rest of the day I need to get ready for flea-marketing with my mom on Sunday. Oh yeah, we're gonna go sell some junk! Tomorrow I'll share a new technique I learned - well, I think I learned it a long time ago, but just found out about it again.

Oh, one more thing, we have some crazy-ass bird in our front yard that is determined to sing every night.... in the middle of the night!! Like at 2 and 3 am! Right now he/she is singing at the top of his ever-loving lungs! (I just decided that he's a he. We don't need to further encourage the stereotype of a crazy female.) Omigosh, this bird is so loud! You have no idea.

2 comments:

Blissful Hue said...

Your work is exquisite! I absolutely love seeing the projects your working on. You inspire me! -C

Iris Gonyea said...

thanks hon! i love seeing yours too!