Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I Love Clouds

Monday was one of those great days in South Texas when its cloudy and overcast, but there's actually no humidity. Believe me, days like that are few and far between, so I enjoyed it immensely knowing full well that soon we will have no escape from the sun and the only breeze will come from my ceiling fan. We had lunch on the patio at one of our nearby restaurants and headed over to Milberger's Nursery to check out the herbs and palm trees for sale. Unfortunately this fall one of our potted palms by the pool bit the dust (now, it is a big potted stick) and D is obsessed with finding it's replacement. While he strolled through the palm forest and inspected the unending variety, I checked out the selection of herbs and contemplated following through on the intention to create an herb garden out back. Still thinking... I stumbled across some beautiful hibiscus plants that reminded me of my Aunt Trish. I remember her always having those in her back yard in Houston and in the kitchen she kept a single bloom in a glass holder. It's funny the details you remember.

I thought the bark on this tree was really cool, I think it would make a great background texture for a piece. D, on the other hand, said it looked dead and reminded him of the trees in Missouri... depressed.
Aaahh, back to work- I have much to do before I leave on Friday.

So, here's a thought for today:
"We are the only species on Earth capable of preventing our own flowering."
-David Whyte

No comments: