Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy Square Root Day!

Yesterday was Square Root Day; did you know that? It was a day for Geeks to unite the world over and celebrate this 5-9 times in a lifetime event, myself included. I love that kind of stuff! In honor of the day I examined my roots and contemplated my next hair color, drank a root beer, listened to The Roots old album, and attempted carving a beet into a square.

It's harder than you think.

Anyhow, enough with the mathematical revelry. I thought I'd share some photos from my recent jaunt to Colorado. We shared a condo with some friends and spent a few days attacking the mountain. Well, they attacked, I really just tried to survive. Fortunately it snowed every day so most of my falls were cushioned by all the fresh powder on the ground. I think I did pretty good for my first time skiing and I even handled being in the cold again like a champ.

This is a view from the lift of one of the ski runs. (I didn't attempt this one.)

A view from the condo. Love all the snow! It makes everything white and shimmery and lovely.

Look at me! I crashed immediately after that picture was taken. Ha! just kidding


I loved Colorado! The mountains were beautiful, so different from the landscape I'm used to.

I love trying new things and going new places, doing things for the first time. First time to Colorado, first time skiing, first time on a ski lift, first time skidding down a mountain on my backside... good times.

1 comment:

The Koch's said...

Looks like you all had a great time. Seeing those picutes makes me miss the snow. Guess Wes will just have to take me to a romantic getaway to the mountains.

Miss you guys!