Saturday, September 20, 2008

Renovations, Inside and Out

Just a quick post. Times are busy with a full school schedule, light remodeling (paint, light fixtures, etc.), and various social obligations. Is it just me or does it seem like everyone is getting married or having a baby? I suppose these events are to be expected at this stage in life. That place where you have graduated from school, focused on building your career, played around a bit, and now you are ready to move on to the next stage of adulthood. Of course, I feel as if I'm in a bit of a vacuum where time or rather, progress, is standing still. I attribute this to my status as a student mostly. And that's okay. Because if I've learned nothing else, I have learned that my current circumstances- whatever they may be- are a result of my past decisions and I am responsible. It sounds obvious I know; but when we're in the thick of it, we find it very easy to point the finger. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, so I won't belabor the point. What is the point of this post anyway? That I'm very busy of course! Ha ha! Who isn't?

Actually I just wanted to share a couple updates. First, there is much painting going on and I will be posting before and after pictures and looking for any feedback or suggestions. I think comparing the photos from when we viewed the house the first time (while the previous owners still lived there) with the current photos will be especially interesting. We have very different tastes. We'll just leave it at that. I'm also finally, truly moving into my studio. I was in a sort of holding pattern until I could paint the walls and put up shelves and really organize myself in a more permanent manner. So my studio redux is in the works and I'm super excited! I'll be posting photos of that progress as well.

Second, I have taken several steps towards regaining my health. I've joined Weight Watchers, started working out at the gym and the yoga studio again, and I've also committed to playing on a volleyball team. I had forgotten how good of a workout volleyball is, especially in the sand! If you want to work on your hamstrings and glutes, volleyball is very effective. Promise. During our first team practice I was reminded how beneficial sports can be. I think a little competition is good and being part of a team is always fun.

It is now 4am and I must get some beauty rest. I have a wedding to attend tomorrow!

No comments: